Saturday, June 28, 2008

When was the last time you cried over a celebrity’s death?

When was the last time you cried over a celebrity’s death?


I remember the day Elvis died, to be honest I cried as if I had lost a family member. My other wise ass teenybopper friends were incredulous that I was so upset about the “old geezer”. They couldn’t have know the history I had with Elvis, I actually saw him in concert. I had one of his infamous silk scarves tucked away in a cigar box at the top of my closet along with my favorite baby doll that I had long discarded. I had grown up listening to his music and watching his movies to escape the war zone that comprised my childhood.

John Belushi, the reason I was home from partying on Saturdays in time to make curfew, I couldn’t bear the thought of missing SNL.

When John Lennon was murdered I was in shock for three days. I kept repeating over & over “Why?”

When Princess Di died in the car crash I was again shaken. My god, she was MY age. We had gotten married at the same time & had our children on almost the exact same date. How could this be possible?

Poor little Kirk Cobain…what a waste he was just a baby. The legacy he left behind changed a generation. If he was still alive today how much richer the would the world be?

When Indian Larry (Larry Desmed) I once again broke down in tears. He was a hero to both me & my brother. In this day of “Bikers in a Box” he was one of the few geniuine old school bikers

Warren Zevon died right in fornt of us. His last days were documented for all to see.

My list of lost celebrities could go for days, I’ll end with this George Carlin is gone and today I’ll cry.

RIP George and thanks for everything

No comments: