Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hannah Montana does voodoo

My four year old has probably seen the Hannah Montana show once in her whole short little life.
{It is possible that she hears about Hannah Montana at preschool.}
We were walking through Wal-Mart this past weekend and all of a sudden I hear this banshee-like wail emit from my shopping cart HANNAH MONTANA!!!!-LOOK GRAMMY-HANNAH MONTANNA-LOOKKKKKKK!!!
I quickly wheeled around and saw some Hannah Montana PJs hanging in the clothing dept. I stood there for a minute stunned. I remember my two oldest going through a Spice Girls phase, and a Back Street Boys phase but they were already tweens.
If she had been screaming about Dora, Elmo, Cinderella, or Jasmine I would have understood. We watch shows featuring those characters regularly. She has NEVER been that excited about Dora etc...

I don't get it. What’s the deal with Hannah Montana and this strange hold she has over little girls?

No comments: